Nobody saw this coming...
I don't think many of us would have seen this coming when we raised our champagne glasses to celebrate the turn of the new decade.
Just a few months into 2020 and we've seen the whole world come to a standstill with everybody, everywhere, being impacted in one way or another by COVID-19.
With a lockdown and social distancing measures being implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19, this has forced UK businesses to operate remotely.
And in regards to cyber security, this created a huge problem.
Living in a hacker's dream...
Cyber criminals know that you're at home and they know that the vast majority of people haven't taken the time to secure themselves at home.
Before COVID-19, cyber criminals would target an organisation's central location to gain access to their data.
Now they'll find out all the information they need online and hack you directly whilst you're working from home.
The worst part is that they'll find it incredibly easy to do so.
We were faced with a challenge...
Cyber Tec Security are a Premier IASME Certification Body for Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
With Cyber Essentials certification, you can:
- Secure your business by reducing the risk of breach by 80%
- Gain a competitive advantage and enhance your reputation with alignment to the only recognised Cyber Security standard in the UK
- Apply and bid for Government tenders
- Secure your supply chain
- Avoid hefty GDPR fines post breach
- Reduce future cyber insurance premiums
- Receive free Cyber Insurance
Usually, we would externally assess businesses and their office sites but we knew this would be impossible in the current climate.
We needed to adapt in order to achieve our mission of securing as many UK businesses as possible.
We needed to a find a way to assess businesses remotely...
Introducing the Cyber Essentials Remote Assessment...
Our Cyber Essentials Remote Assessment is an ingenious piece of technology that allows companies to become cyber secure in the midst of the largest cyber security problem in human history.
It offers a new way for organisations to both become cyber secure and demonstrate that they are.
What does this mean?
1. We can assess your homeworkers remotely
2. The network assessment is done 100% remotely
3. You don't have to go to the office to meet anyone or plug in a scanning device/PC
4. The price is for the whole network and covers ALL your sites and ALL your employees - wherever they are.
Now is the time...
With everything going on, it might seem mind-boggling to put energy towards anything other than keeping your business afloat.
The way I look at it, focussing on your cyber security is part of your survival strategy.
With COVID-19 forcing us all to work from home, avoiding cyber security could wipe out your business entirely and I do not say this lightly.
Ask yourself, if the following was to happen to your business today, would you still have a functioning business tomorrow?
- Receiving a 4% fine of your global turnover (or a £10 million fine, whichever is bigger) post breach.
- Having to notify your clients within 72 hours of a data breach about the breach.
There has never been a greater need for cyber security...